Includes an integral 1-14 mounting adapter as part of the housing!
Xtreme MJ (Metal Jacket) Housing Offering 100+ Mbits*!
The Xtreme MJ (Metal Jacket) is the bare bones version of Bitstorm’s BAD BOY Xtreme complete system. Xtreme MJ gets you connected to hotspots with speed over 100 megabits/sec (Mbits)*. While it’s fully waterproof (submersible – IP67), its biggest benefit is the metal casing protecting the electronics inside during periods of electrical storm activity. It’s a faraday shield blocking both external static and non-static electrical fields.
Xtreme pulls in and locks onto the weakest signals. How do we do this? By putting the highest power Wi-Fi device available right at and connected directly to the antenna, the antenna cable is eliminated. What this means is that all of the available power (36dBm or 4W EIRP) goes out the antenna for maximum range and reception. And the data goes to your computer via a digital (not analog) computer grade cable. And since it’s digital, you can locate your Wi-Fi device in the best location up to 300 feet (90 meters) away. No more compromises.
The biggest problem is often the line of sight that’s needed for Wi-Fi. Surroundings that have water, wood and metal all conspire to reduce range. Then there’s the miniscule 35-50mW signal that laptops put out – you can see the hotspot access point but it can’t hear you. Unlike laptops and other mobile devices, this Bad Boy puts out up to 4W (36dBm) EIRP of power.
Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux – any operating system. Rugged, completely weatherproof and continues operating in extreme temperatures. Select Wi-Fi Access Points through your browser so there’s no software to install. 1-14 adapter is included as part of the housing (requires an existing 1-14 mount which is not included). Optional rail, flat surface, backstay or pole mounting available.
This version allowing you to add the antenna and wiring yourself. Suited for the more technically inclined and who desire to put together a kit themselves.
* Refers to the wireless link speed. The actual speed of the internet connection may be considerably less. While wireless data rates up to 150 Mbits are possible, most hotspots provide a connection to the internet of only a few Mbits.
Note: Xtreme MJ is backward compatible with original Xtreme and Xtreme N and is interchangeable.
- Any operating system: Windows, Mac, Linux
- No software to install
- Built in router allowing multiple connections to computer, IP cameras, etc.
- Rugged, outdoor, weatherproof, extended temperature range (-40F to +176F / -40C to +80C)
- High power: 36dBm (4W) EIRP when used with our 8dBi gain antenna
- Wireless B/G/N Modes – speeds 100+ Mbps
- BAD BOY Xtreme MJ B/G/N Wi-Fi device
- Integral 1-14 adapter included as part of the housing (requires an existing 1-14 mount which is not included)
- Quick Start Operation Guide
- Mounts: Rail / Flat Surface and Backstay (1-14 adapter is integral and part of the housing)
- Power Injector and AC Adapter
- Cable Assemblies, Patch Cables
Optional Extended Warranty
- Extended Warranty coverage available for up to 3 years