Sherwood marine raw water pumps all feature a flexible neoprene impeller which attaches to the shaft. The shaft rotation powers the impeller which transfers the water by creating a vacuum on the inlet side and then forcing water out in a uniform flow on the outlet side. As such an important component, you should ensure that your pump impeller is always in top condition and that you always use the correct impeller for your application. This will help to ensure the best engine performance and prolong engine life.
Sherwood recommend that all impellers are replaced at least annually (depending on application) to maintain impeller performance, however it is good practice to inspect them often to check for excessive abrasions or damage. It is also recommended that during long periods of being unused, impellers should be removed from the pump housing to prevent ultraviolet deterioration, vanes setting into position and copper bonding of the impeller to the housing. Any issues with your impeller can lead to engine overheating, which is the main reason for premature engine wear.
This genuine Sherwood impeller is the 15000K model and is supplied complete with an O-ring, gaskets and a technical guide. It has 12 vanes and features a through key keyway. The neoprene impeller is designed to fit on a 5/8″ pump shaft and should only be used to pump water.
This 15000K impeller is suitable for use in the following pumps:
- Sherwood G151 pumps used in StarPower inboard engines.
- Sherwood G151 & G155 pumps used in Mercruiser 7.3 diesel engines (Mercruiser L/270).
- Sherwood G155 pumps used in StarPower stern drives (StarPower 800790MI).
- Sherwood G157 pumps used in Marine Power engines.
- Sherwood G1503-01 pumps used in Cummins 4B Series 250HP engines (Cummins 3349340).
- Sherwood GC1-01 pumps used in Cummins 6B Series 250HP engines (Cummins 3912962).
- Sherwood GC4 & GC5-01 pumps used in Cummins 6B 250HP / 4B CEPC engines (Cummins 3920298 & 3927684).
- Sherwood P1505 and P1505-01 engine cooling pumps.