You’ve got your BAD BOY Xtreme N or Xtreme MJ installed and are connected. You take your laptop out to the cockpit or to your cabin dragging a cable along. You wish that you could cut that tether, that umbilical cord, that ball and chain. You want to be… Unleashed!
Bitstorm’s BAD BOY Unleashed N is ideally suited where cabling to computers is undesireable or just not possible. It uses the connection from BAD BOY Xtreme N or Xtreme MJ and rebroadcasts the signal forming its own private hotspot. Connects multiple computers wirelessly and simultaneously.
Unleashed N is capable of providing a large hotspot by allowing adjustable output power up to 33dBm (2W) EIRP – that’s about 50x more powerful than a typical home router. When suitably mounted, this can provide a range of 1 mile or more (~1.5+km). So you can turn down the power while close by and supersize when needed.
Unleashed N is backward compatible and is interchangeable with original Unleashed and Unleashed HP.
- Unleashed N provides a secure private hotspot with variable size from about 40mW EIRP to about 2000mW EIRP
- Connects multiple computers wirelessly at the same time
- Works with BAD BOY XtremeXtreme and Xtreme MJ
- Works with any operating system: Windows, Mac, Linux
- No software to install
- Rugged, outdoor, weatherproof (IP65), extended temperature range (-40°F to +176°F / -40°C to +80°C)
- Post, rail or flat surface mount (using included holster)
- The unit comes complete with antenna, so there’s no coax antenna cable
- Easy do-it-yourself installation – no special tools required
- BAD BOY Unleashed N access point device
- 6dBi white non-swivel omni-directional antennasuitable for indoor/outdoor installation
- Integrated pole, rail mount and flat surface holster mount
- Complete DIY Installation and Operation Guide
- 1 year limited warranty
Optional Powering Source
- Power Injector for operating from 5-30Vdc or 100-250Vac 50/60Hz
Optional Extended Warranty
- Extended Warranty coverage available for up to 3 years